GoPro Challenge GP – Toronto
15 Heats – 5 Weeks – 1 Winner!
Do you think you have what it takes to go wheel-to-wheel with the best drivers at K1 Speed Toronto? Then participate in our GoPro Challenge GP Race League – a competitive adult racing series that is easy and affordable to join, and provides a unique and exhilarating racing experience like no other.
And new for 2020, the winner of our GoPro Challenge GP will not only earn a K1 Speed Prize Pack, but will also take home a brand-new GoPro Hero8 Black camera (a $470 value) – the latest and greatest from the action camera manufacturer we love the most!
2020 GoPro Challenge GP
Winter Season Schedule
FEBRUARY 13TH | FEBRUARY 20TH | FEBRUARY 27TH | MARCH 5TH | MARCH 12TH
Check-in at 7:00 pm. Racing begins promptly at 7:30pm. No late registrations after start of racing.
Terms Of Participation:
– Must pre-purchase 5-week League Package to be eligible to participate in the GoPro Challenge GP Race League.
– 5-week League Package includes a total of 15 League heats
– Races can only be used during league nights (non-transferable)
– All participants must meet qualifications for riding in Adult Karts (see below)
Junior Qualification For Challenge GP
Racers who may be too old or too experienced for our Junior Karting League, can now qualify to participate in Challenge GP races. Any racer between the ages of 14 and 18 who has a Racing Score (K1RS) at or above 1,400 points can participate in Challenge GP go kart race league events (driver must be approved for top speed in the adult karts). If you have any questions about our go kart race league, please feel free to contact us at [email protected] or call your local center.
*Management discretion may be used to decide race eligibility.
Making the podium for our GoPro Challenge GP offers more than just bragging rights! Check out what you could take home…
1st Place: a brand-new GoPro Hero8 Black camera (a $470 value), plus an 8-race Prize Package (a $200 value)
2nd Place: a 5-race Prize Package (a $125 value)
3rd Place: a 3-race Prize Package (a $75 value)
How it works…
– The Winter Season consists of 5 weeks of competition
– Each weekly event includes the following:
12 Lap Qualifier 1 – standard qualifying for best time.
12 Lap Qualifier 2 – standard qualifying for best time. Best of 2 qualifiers sets placement for final.
14 Lap Final – standing grid start final race.
– for entire 5 week race series
– registration open until February 10th.
– spaces are limited – register today!
A $375 Value
- Total number of competitors = total points for the final winner. (15 racers means 1st place gets 15 points)
- 1 points less for each following place. (Same example, 2nd place gets 14 points, 3rd 13, etc.)
- 1 bonus points awarded for having the fastest qualifying time.
- Finishing results are final on day of G.P. and will not be changed.
- In case of an incident during a position race, it will be the manager on duty decision to change positions accordingly after speaking to drivers involved.
- If a driver initiates a retaliation of a race incident during or after a final position race, that driver will be dropped automatically to the final position spot in his group and loss of points.
- If at the end of the season, there is a points tie, the driver with the best podium record will win.
- There will be two qualifying rounds consisting of 12 laps each. Your single fastest lap time from both qualifiers will be used to determine your position at the start of the final race.
- The final race will consist of a 14-lap race for position and will begin as a standing grid start.
- There will only be ONE standing start! No restarts are allowed.
- Qualifying groups will be made randomly.
- There will be no switching of karts at anytime during both qualifying sessions unless there is a mechanical failure or accident, which caused damage to a kart.
- There will be no switching of karts during a final race unless there is a severe mechanical failure.